Thursday, September 6, 2007

Breakfast of Champions (Ode to Bill Cosby)

This morning was like any other morning:
Get K up, changed, dressed and at the table impatiently waiting for his toast and eggs, which Daddy was making at lightening speed.
K eats the toast and 3 pieces of egg (of which I had to bribe him to eat) and then he's off and running around with his lovely/oh, when do we put it out of it's misery?/pumpkin bear.

It's my turn to get dressed and Daddy is "on K watch".

I finished putting on my shoes, started walking into the Dining Room and what should I see in K's hand? A chocolate chip cookie.
I asked K, "Did Daddy give you the cookie?"
K, "Yeaaah." (munch, munch) Bill Cosby would be proud

4 comments:

Antropóloga said...

That's so funny. That came up in class today. "I was getting the cookie for you, daddy!" in a discussion of saving face.

Christy said...

I am a horrible mom - I have given Porgie cookies. BUT they were fig newtons - that probably doesn't make it any better.

Lainey-Paney said...

"Dad is great! He gave us the chocolate cake!"

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lainey beat me to it!
So I'll take this one:
"EGGS! There's EGGS in chocolate cake!!"
All that's missing is the graprefruit juice!

"Himself" is my all-time favorite stand-up routine. My brother & I can practically recite the entire thing.