Monday, September 24, 2007

"so let's have a chat tomorrow."

those are the words from Killjoy to me just a few minutes ago.

Backstory:
Since previous part-timer was fired I've gone to the sales desk from one of the front office ones so that I could be where the sales reps are. Since they changed the responsibilities that the new part timer is doing and given the bids back to me to prepare, I need to be in the sales area.

Over the past 2.5 weeks, I've not only cleaned up and organized this area again, I've kept up on the work and have been nothing but pleasant and accomodating to the reps, even the ones I despise. That, in and of itself, is a HUGE step for me. I'm not one to mince words with the reps here. You give them an inch and they take a mile so you have to put your foot down and hard or they will walk all over you.

Due to me working in this area, I don't have the need to venture up towards the front offices much, which means I don't have to sit through the mindless banter that Killjoy, the receptionist and collections lady go through every morning. This is totally fine with me! Plus, there is usually a stack of bids for me to go through when I start first thing, so bantering is not priority #1.

So I come in, do my job and go home. I've been doing my best to stay under the radar in an attempt to just melt into the scenery and avoid being drawn into any drama. I've had enough drama this year at work between a particular sales manager and then the part timer debacle. Seriously, I don't need, nor do I want to socialize! Not here, anyway.

Then, out of the blue here comes Killjoy saying she'd like to chat tomorrow since we haven't talked in a while. I explain that things are fine, I've just been kept busy. Anyway, we agree to chat tomorrow.

Thing is...I hate that kind of thing! If you want to talk to me about something, then just call me up to your office and talk to me. Don't make me wait it out 24 hours! That's like taking a band-aid off.....r-e-a-l.....s-l-o-w-l-y!

I called Killjoy and told her that if she wanted to chat we could do it today. She said to give her a few minutes. So here I wait, for her to call back I guess, I don't know.

1 comments:

dawn224 said...

At my last job, we were all conditioned that as soon as we heard a specific phone ring, we all got nauseous till we found out who the call was for.