Wednesday, November 21, 2007

can I get a "woot, woot"!

"Now is the winter of our discontent." - William Shakespeare

I know I said I was going to lay off on posting about work, but I have some decent news. Actually, nothing changes for me really. But there is a certain co-worker of mine, Receptionist R, who has "high and mighty" tendancies that coincide with her never being wrong, of course.

Anyway, Miss H & M gets to be in charge when Killjoy isn't here, as Killjoy's responsibilities now include managing certain aspects of the branch offices. R also has increased tasks to go along with her H & M-ness. Why does this thrill me? Because:
a) My job doesn't change. Not to mention I get to keep my job. There've been many sudden changes here so that was a concern. Even though I'm not overly happy to be here, I still need a job.
b) If the shit hits the fan while R is in charge, it comes down on her!
c) R doesn't handle conflict well and gets tense easily, throw in her hatred at being wrong at anything (which she'll deny anyway) and there is potential for a breakdown Britney Spears style!
d) Last week, in her H & M-ness, R sent out an email stating that I'd only be doing commercial proposals and part-timer would take over the residential ones. Well today, that got reversed by Killjoy! Toss in the fact that R has to send out another email stating that her changes have been nixed and it is going back to the way it was and all I wanted to do was shout at R to get off her high horse, kiss my ass and flip her the bird!

Now, go read this post from earlier! It's my first attempt at being slightly creative and "wordsmithy", which I've been lacking at for quite some time. After all, I could've just said I watched snow fall and got all emotional.(snark)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT!!

Don't you just love it when someone (deservedly so) gets knocked down a peg?