Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Odd One Out?

Am I the only mom who would rather do nothing than spend time with her son at night and on the weekends?
Seriously, I don't want to spend 4 hours at a ballet performance of The Nutcracker because that's 4 hours away from K. Hell, I'm lucky if I can tolerate 2 hours away to see a movie in the theatre.

If there was any way in hell that I could be a stay at home mom, and our finances/life wouldn't suffer, I'd jump at the chance. I don't mind working but there are times when I feel jipped to be away from K. Some people don't understand how difficult it is to be away from him 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. I don't even want to add up the hours...it's depressing.

And it's the very reason why I don't go out much. I HAVE to be away from him to work during the week, I'll be damned if anyone is going to make me take time away from him on the weekend.

So there, I said it. This has been festering for a while.

6 comments:

kirida said...

I hear you on this one. It's hard for me to spend any time away from my son on the weekends because that's what I do all day!

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
that's sweet.

Christy said...

I have separation anxiety, and cannot leave my child for more than an hour. So, I completely understand this feeling.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

My best case scenario would be to work half time. I'd get interaction with adults and use my skills. But then I'd also get more time with the children.

But it's not in the cards for me. Gotta pay for that tuition savings plan, etc. etc.!

Em said...

I understand this post soooooooo much! My friends always do lunch on my days off and i never go because i dont want to leave my boy or even take him and spend all my time telling him to be good when its not fair to him!

Well done for saying it!

Antropóloga said...

I feel the same way. I can't figure out why I would want to use a babysitter to go see some dumb movie and have crappy expensive food in a restaurant, but still people keep saying I should.