Tuesday, December 18, 2007

we interrupt the migration in progress...

to say thank you to mr. john rosemond for this article:


*********
this is exactly how I felt while at the famiy get together. when K had his meltdown and other family members gawked - this is the deragatory feeling that oooooozed from their stares. that he was acting up because he has some "disease" and should be medicated. no one said that out loud, but you could feel it in the air.

it's nice to know that I'm not alone in realizing that this is just the stage K is in and he doesn't need to be medicated or any of that bullshit. I'm not demeaning any child that legitimately has problems, but medicating for the sake of medicating - well that's a load of shit!

as for the line where the parents are supposed to "suffer the physical abuse" when their child hits them - oh.hell.no! no to the fucking no! oh, wait! I'm not supposed to say the word "no"! well guess what.....................................
NO!
NO!
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

if K is acting up, or doing something dangerous to himself or another person, he will get told "NO!". he can throw a tantrum, I don't care. I'm the mom and therefore when I put my foot down - it's the damn law and little man better step to the line and cool his britches.

I get so tired of people (DR's none the less) that say we're supposed to be our kids best friend and nurture them with cutesy sayings and let them get away with practically anything. My "job" (if you will) is to be K's parent, and if we get along great. if we bump heads and are heading in the opposite direction, it's my way that goes. no discussion. I'm a parent first, friend second.
*************
ok, this post got away from me. anyway, I'm grateful to see this article in today's paper. I'm going to go check out the satire that mr. rosemond mentioned now.

4 comments:

Dooneybug said...

I absolutely agree with you. Those Papolos's sound like pushover morons.

Wait a second....I thought you were switching blogs? What are you still doing here?

S said...

the migration is still in progress. I keep changing the damn design! totally my fault as I'm uber picky. LOL

Christy said...

I don't agree with the whole "best friend" thing either. My mother always tried to be the "cool mom" and as a result, I have no respect for her. Parents need to be parents. Period.

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm so glad that you posted that.

....at the end of my day yesterday...man, I felt like Gage hated me....but, I had to set the limits. I had to be the mom.