Thursday, October 25, 2007

C'mon, I Mean Really...

Have you EVER heard of a relatively new car that's had regular (and I mean regular with a capital "R") oil changes, kept up with good maintenance and not even at the 70,000 mile mark having an engine go out?

No, that hasn't come into the picture yet, but until I can go check the color of my anti-freeze (& pray that it's a clear color and not murky with oil) a blown head-gasket and in turn the potential for my engine to be on it's last leg is bouncing through my head.

Where did this come from? Well, this morning I was almost to work when I noticed a weird smell coming through my vents when I had the fan on. I thought it might be from a passing truck, but the smell never went away. At lunch time I started my car and turned on the fan to see if the smell was still there and sure enough it started to creep through again. I took it in and the Tech thinks it is related to my radiator leaking but I haven't found any signs of a leak.

J called his dad and the first thing his dad said was to check the color of the anti-freeze. Clear = good, murky = very, very bad.

Unfortunately I am back at work now (see how diligently I'm working - LOL) so I can't go and check it. Plus, the car will still be warm and I don't need a hot blast of steam to give me the Harvey Dent look.

Sooooo, hopefully by tonight we'll be able to check it out and I'll have better news. I keep hoping it was some fluke smell. Hope, hope, hope........

2 comments:

Em said...

Good luck! I hate cars!

Lainey-Paney said...

good luck.
i hate car repairs,and i generally try to force them upon my hubby, as i seem to get screwed at those places...