Friday, October 12, 2007

More Giggles Than Cries

So last night we caved...
As Bill Cosby put it so well: "Parents don't want justice, they want QUIET!"

We let K watch Pat the Bunny and about 1/2 way through we gave him mac n'cheese for dinner (the second night in a row - oh the scandal!). He ate the entire plate full and even had 1/2 of a fruit roll-up.
There was a slight fuss when the video was over and we had to rewind it. K still doesn't understand the whole "rewind" thing.
(Daddy and I are already preparing the PC to transfer the tape to DVD, then we can just loop the fucker! Yes, I'm cursing - I've gone through figuring out where my nose is, having a good supper and bluey the blue-blue blanket enough times that only expletives will do. But I digress...)

He watched it again and this time 1/2 way through played a little bit with us and his cars. It's been a long time since he laughed a good belly laugh and we sorely missed it.

FF to this morning where he slept until 5:30 AM, which is freaking awesome considering the 4:30 wakings over the past few days. Not too fussy when trying to get dressed, etc and can you guess - he watched Pat the Bunny twice!

Like I pointed out, I'm not looking for justice or the Pediatrician Recommended way to do things right now, I just want quiet - or at least more giggles than cries.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes, you just have to give in to the power that is "Cranky-child" and let them win.

BTW, "Himself" is my all-time favorite stand-up routine. I LOVE the fact that he swears once. In the entire routine. Once.

"I was getting a cookie for you Daaaad"

Christy said...

I don't blame you S. Sometimes I play the same episode of Baby Einstien over and over, just because I am exhausted and need to sit down for more than 5 seconds.

Christy said...

Oh, and I LOVE the new look!

S said...

Thanks!

catz - i pratically LIVE by "Himself".

christy
I'm coming to realize that sometimes what is "recommended" just isn't possible and to not beat myself up about it. It's a slow process......very.....slow....
I'm glad you like the new look. :-)

Em said...

Wow your page look like chocolate!

Pat the bunny?? what is that?

Lainey-Paney said...

I think some times are like that...