Thursday, July 5, 2007

At times...

When I'm at work, I'd have more fun jabbing a fork in my eye.


Part-timer called in sick again. She's been here not quite 4 weeks and been gone 3 days already. I wonder why they bother? I wonder why I bother? I wish I could just not care.

I'm looking for other things to occupy my time while biting my tongue to not say something that'll get me in trouble. That's difficult to do when I'm already worked up from having extra stuff to do from part-timer's desk as well as my own.

I want to scream at the world for not allowing things to work out so that I could be a stay-at-home mom and F*** this place AND I want to scream at myself for allowing me to get literally stuck in a position I can never truly leave without completely leaving the company. The wages are good here, my hours are good, my boss has been understanding if I need to go to a DR appt for JuniorMint or PapaMint. It's like they always say, don't get too good at your job or you'll never get a promotion because the boss won't want to replace you. Well, that seems to be where I'm at. I got "promoted" last Fall to be the President's and Vice President's assistant, problem is I've been busy picking up the slack from the part-time position. I will never get a true promotion here and thus the proverbial rut I am stuck in.
I don't know that anywhere else will be as "understanding" of family, DR visits, pay as well or offer the hours I have. Maybe they will, or maybe it will be worse. I'm afraid of the worse and that is why I've been dilly-dallying about pursuing other options.

I'm here because I fear and I've screwed myself.

On that note, back to jabbing a fork in my eye.

4 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

When you don't like your job, the stress seeps into other areas of your life, at least that's been my experience. I never thought I'd find a place that payed as well when I was at a crappy job. But I did find one and they actually paid more and I was closer to home. It will be very difficult to gage if a company is good with you needing time off for family issues (beyond what they must do law abiding) but that could be something you ask in the interview. You know, that part when they ask you if YOU have any questions.

I know it's scary to leap out of that safety net but if you are truly at wits end, you should just start sending out resumes and see what comes of it. Be selective. It's always way easier to find a good job when you don't need a job!

kristi said...

I do several jobs too and I do get paid well. I am 15 minutes from home and I'd have to drive to Dallas otherwise to make what I make here. But there are days when I feel like hurting someone when they come in and see me SWAMPED and ask, "Kristi, are you busy?" DUUHHH.

Em said...

I know where your coming from! People ring in sick pisses me off and even worse you get a promo but it doesnt really mean anything! Yep staying at home would be great!

I used to be very ambitious and now i feel like i have to hold off as i cant be a Mum and have a shit hot job! the company work for make me feel like that.