Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What Would Joe Friday Do?

If there's ever been a time for "just the facts, ma'am", it's this morning.
My boss and I are going to have a "talk". I've a full page of stuff that's been bothering me, most of it centering around the fact that all I hear about are the things I do wrong, which leads to no one noticing the things I do right which makes me feel unappreciated.

I've lost my temper quite a bit since 1st Part timer quite w/no notice and I've had to pick up the pieces. Mostly because I feel bullied by the Reps and again, that makes me feel like nothing I do is good enough.

I'm going to try and put on my best Joe Friday because the last thing I need to do is break down in front of my boss. It's going to be difficult because my emotions have reached their boiling point.

I don't want to lose my job, even if it does stink of manure. I want to leave on my terms.

I'm still looking for other options. I've sent out close to 10 resumes so we'll see what happens.

UPDATE
So we had our talk and it went ok. I told B that while I understand salesmen get caught up in their work and don't give a rat's ass about what I have going on, it IS a 2-way street and if the reps want me to do this and that, they need to be more understanding. She agreed and said that she would say something to them.
We went back and forth with a couple things and managed to get on the same page, for the most part. I'll spare you the lengthy details but I made it clear that every once and a while it would be nice to get a sincere compliment (or some kind of positive recognition) for all that I have accomplished. It'd be a lot better than hearing all of the negative shit.

So, we'll see what happens. I don't feel my job is in imminent jeopardy, which has calmed me down. Mainly because I don't have anything else lined up. Nothing like feeling like a total loser if I were to get canned!
I also kept myself together during the talk. I could feel it brewing at the beginning, but I kept in control and got everything out.

Options are still out there, though. I'm not going to quit seeing what other opportunities are out there.

4 comments:

Em said...

Go get him! Hope it goes well!

kristi said...

Please let us know what happens. I am right there with ya. I was so stressed out Sunday thinking about this week and my hubs helped me by saying "Kristi, do what you can. You are already doing 2 peoples' jobs." And I came to work yesterday and I didn't answer the phones (we have a full crew of lazy ass women) and guess what, I didn't do it and I feel so much better!

Zany Mama said...

Good for you - I'm totally a break-downer. Every time I get angry, I totally cry. Very professional, that.

Glad to hear that you're in a space where it might be tolerable until you find something else. Good luck!

Christy said...

I am glad everything went well. I agree, losing your job would totally suck. However, I hope you keep looking for something better.