Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Learning A Bit More

K leaned to say "ah gah" (all gone) late last week and "uh-P" (up) last night. He thinks "up" is funny so every time I say it he laughs.

He gets a kick out of turning the light switch on and off. He still needs practice with it, but it's entertaining him.

We also got him a booster seat which he likes. No more high chair. I'm a bit sad about packing that up, but at the same time it makes it easier for him to sit at the table and eat with us. Thankfully no plates have been shoved off of the table, yet. He is boycotting the fork and spoons, though. I guess it's just easier to eat with fingers.

K also has a fascination with the vacuum cleaner. He wants to help clean and have it out all the time. When we put it away, he gets upset. I have to laugh because in a few years I'm sure cleaning will be the last thing on his mind. LOL.

We also switched daycares due to B retiring at the end of this year. I was really nervous about how he'd make the change, etc. R (new daycare) says he's doing well and sticks to his routine very well. I was relieved to hear that. I haven't gone into much detail on here about some of the concerns that were coming up with B, but it came down to her not keeping him on his routine which was turning him into a little monster. He was fighting with the other kids, coming home exhausted and whiney. It was getting to be too much. We wanted to wait until closer to the end of the year but we just couldn't. In the end, it was better for him (and us) and it's nice to not get the "what he did wrong today" report when we pick him up.

2 comments:

Blog Owner said...

Glad the new daycare is working out.

I'm excited for the day he attempts a spoon. Less excited about the mess you'll likely have to clean, but more happy about the definite Kodak moment in your near future!

Nico said...

Yay for more words! K is approaching the 18 month word explosion, which I have recently witnessed with my niece - way cool.